Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Adopt a Cardinal!

I just saw this over at Curt Jester, and thought... wow!  This is exactly what the Church needs to be doing right now: less chatter, more prayer.



And so, I encourage my readers... all dozen or so of you... to go out and do this.  Adopt a cardinal for some serious fasting and prayer support in the coming weeks, not only as they elect a pope, but because cardinals probably need all the spiritual support they can get anyway.

Here's my cardinal:

Picture of
Name:José da Cruz Policarpo
Country:Portugal
Day of birth:1936-2-26
Cardinal since:2001-2-21
Function:Patriarch of Lisbon, Portugal

It turns out, I was in Rome with a bunch of seminarian buddies when he was elevated to the Sacred College back in 2001.  And get this... today's his birthday... what do you know?!

Your eminence, prayers are on their way.  May the Spirit reveal to you and your brothers our next Holy Father.
-- Fr. Tom Donovan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean. I reserve the right to use or delete any comments in any way I see fit. This ain't a democracy. Get your own blog if you don't like it.